Massages have been just about the most effective, time-tested and natural contributors to great health and wellness; it is also known to cure aches & pains, muscle tensions and high levels of stress, which pregnant women experience. Yes, pregnancy massage or prenatal massage since it is commonly called has shown to be the most effective ways to treat some of the pregnancy-related discomforts. As well as eliminating physical difficulties, it leaves you calm and relaxed. So what are these massages all about? How effective are they? Can they be done at home? How different could it be from the regular massages? Here’s all you needed to know about prenatal massages:
What is a Prenatal Massage? deweyshouse.com Pregnancy, for a woman, brings totally new things in her life, and along with it comes some not-so-pleasant things like back aches, cramping legs, stress, mood swings and so on. To reduce these discomforts also to make your journey towards motherhood easy and less strenuous, prenatal or pregnancy massages receive. This massage has been designed exclusively for pregnant ladies, and uses gentle massage strokes with specialized oils to focus on general wellness, also to relieve them from stress, anxiety and pains.
Why Prenatal Massage? Although idea of massages have existed for many centuries, this variety of massage is rather recent, and is gathering popularity. Many pregnant women across the globe are embracing this therapeutic massage for the multiple benefits it offers.
The following are the various benefits of pregnancy massage:
– It helps the body release endorphins, which are formed in the body to reduce pain naturally.
– Stress is really a common feature during pregnancy, and these massages assist in significantly reducing stress; while reducing the strain hormones, in addition, it works on releasing feel-good hormones like serotonin.
– Prenatal massage promotes good blood circulation to your body thereby, relieving edema and swelling in the legs along with other parts of the body. The kneading action in the massage helps take away the water retention in pregnant women, that is a major catalyst for swelling.
– The massage is really a major mood-uplifter and stress-reliever. It can help keep anxiety and stress levels at bay. Furthermore, gentle strokes on the abdomen relax the infant.
– If sleeplessness or pregnancy-related insomnia is really a concern, fret not. This massage enables good sleep, that is essential for the body during the pregnancy term.
– Another major benefit is that, regular pregnancy massages prepare the muscles for childbirth and increases flexibility of the joints.
Prenatal Massages vs. Generic Massages
Though the results of both the massages are relaxing and therapeutic, the techniques used for prenatal massages vary drastically and must be performed with utmost care. Unlike generic massages, prenatal massages involve, lighter, gentle and shorter strokes in the abdomen, spine and legs. The safety and comfort of mom and baby are top priorities therefore, the massage uses less pressure and easy strokes to provide maximum benefits.
Benefits of Giving Massages in the home
Prenatal massages require a lot of care and attention. The common belief is that only a certified therapist can give a specialized massage like this. However, the good news is that you don’t need to be a professional masseuse to give a prenatal massage to yourself or perhaps a partner/spouse/family member.
The biggest advantage of getting a prenatal massage at home is that you will get to bond better together with your partner/spouse. This gives them a chance to participate in one of the biggest events of your life, and ease your journey towards it. Another benefit is that you can get these massages without a cost, and anytime you need it. The familiar and loving touch of one’s loved one can do wonders to the body and mind.
When you have been taking an antenatal class, you’ll have received some basic training on pregnancy massage techniques. If you’re not part of one, you can look up the web for different guides that give you an in depth description of how the massage can be done.
Good to Know – Consult a doctor before giving/getting massages during your pregnancy period. In case you are giving a house pregnancy massage, research and understand the techniques well. Steer clear of the massage during the first trimester to eliminate the chance of miscarriage. If there are sores, wounds or existing conditions, usually do not massage those areas. Immediately report it to the physician.